Mathematics and Related Research
current research topics
- Signatures of topological insulators (the Bott index, local signatures in real space).
- Uniform joint approximate diagonalization.
- Numerical functional calculus (matrix functions).
ArXiv feed. Preprints of
my papers are on the Arxiv and they are not always close to the final
CV with full list of publications.
user page Math Overflow.
My writings and citations listed at Google Scholar.
My ORC ID and another listing of some of my writings.
Slides from my 2017
talk at NJIT, at the workshop "Topological Dynamics: Quantum and Classical."
The Torus and Noncommutative Topology.
Articles submitted or published recently
- Jeffrey L. Boersema, Terry A. Loring, Efren Ruiz.
Pictures of KK-theory for real C*-algebras and almost commuting matrices,
Banach Journal of Mathematical Analysis.
10:1, 27--47, 2016.
- I. C. Fulga, D. I. Pikulin, T. A. Loring.
Aperiodic Weak Topological Superconductors,
Phys. Rev. Lett., 116, 257002, 2016.
Terry A. Loring and Adam P. W. Sørensen.
Almost commuting self-adjoint matrices: the real and self-dual cases,
Rev. Math. Phys., DOI:10.1142/S0129055X16500173, 2016.
Jeffrey L. Boersema and Terry A. Loring.
K-Theory for real C*-algebras via unitary elements with symmetries,
New York J. Math., 22:1139–1220, 2016.
Terry A. Loring and Fredy Vides.
Local Matrix Homotopies and Soft Tori,
Terry A. Loring and Hermann Schulz-Baldes.
Finite volume calculation of K-theory invariants,
- My research has been supported, in part, for many years by the
Efroymson Foundation. My research on generator and relations in
C*-algebras is looking more and more like real algebraic geometry,
albeit in a noncommutative setting. I trust that
- I also have support from the National Science Foundation, DMS1700102,
"Emergent Topology and K-Theory of Matrix Models."